Presales & Delivery teams
We make you a recognised contributor to company success….
…… not just a ‘support resource’
What makes us unique?
The founders of Holis came from a strong engineering background – initially as developers, then in pre-sales rôles. As soon as sales was our primary focus, we saw that the least used asset many teams have is their specialists – presales & delivery. Whether they’re Business Process re-engineering experts, Telco software developers or Mining engineers, these talented people can contribute so much more to the success of a company than they get credit for. They bring:
- trusted access to people and information that’s often unavailable to sales
- essential exposure to client’s strategic drivers and plans
- more frequent opportunities to discuss client problems without commercial pressure
- a deep knowledge of the internals of your solutions and your client’s project
- conversation about exactly how much the client’s business will benefit from the solution
When we started the company by modeling ‘The Best of the Best’ in Sales & Channels, we didn’t ignore our experience with the best presales specialists and customer-facing development or delivery people. The most successful still focused on the same three ’pivot points’ as sales – the Preparation for, Execution of, and Development of any customer call. The difference was that the nominal purpose of the call was technical, but they were motivated commercially.
In the best companies, the specialists who support the sales process (be it direct or through a channel) contributed far more when they understood and were actively part of the sales process. We provide the skills that allow all of your team to act as the best, to make the sales team + sales support work as one.
NOBODY ELSE FOCUSES SO EFFECTIVELY ON THIS
To find out how, download our whitepaper…
What change do we deliver?
You and your team will learn and practice the skills to:
- analyse, objectively and repeatably, the REAL drivers to buying what you offer
- be prepared in the best possible way for every meeting, technical or sales
- lead and control every interaction formal or informal, to a desired conclusion
- comfortably elicit, develop & confirm the customer’s needs, their value and timelines
- challenge for missing information and to sharpen up critical specifics
The best ‘natural presales stars’ seem to do this intuitively.
Now your team don’t have to take second spot behind a talkative salesperson…..
At a management level, you will have an asset that can bring a much larger contribution to the buying process
Now you don’t have to spend time justifying your resource allocation to sales…..
But that’s not all – the linguistic skills and influence insights that we deliver are great in helping them with their own specialisms. As well as sales support, you can make a step change in the effectiveness of all of your analysts, project managers and solution designers.
Engineers love the structure of the BCI Framework (Business Communication & Influence™) and the Fearless Selling® Workshops that deliver the skills to use it. Some grasp BCI immediately and use it better than sales or marketing people!
For presales specialists, every new technique they learn will move the sale to the next stage by:
- convincing a technical specialist to sign off their part of a purchase
- working with real users so that a wider, stronger benefit can be fed into your proposal’s ROI
- eliciting accurate needs that confirm delivery cost and ensure profitability
- bringing back objective intelligence on competitors, pricing, process etc
- a procedural step to prove that a technical statement was indeed true…and so much else
For R&D and delivery, their new skills will ensure that you build & deliver only & exactly what’s needed by:
- eliciting precise needs to ensure the customer’s happy and comes back for more
- getting trends in industry requirements direct from the horse’s mouth – not guessed
- interacting with the front line users during delivery to discover future projects and needs
- internal R&D reviews and competitor developments
- …and so much else
NOBODY ELSE DELIVERS SO MUCH CHANGE
To find out how, download our whitepaper…
What do we do to make this change?
We took a very different approach to everyone else. We start with working out how to make ‘The Call’ more effective, less scary and more consistent, whether it be with the toughest Merchant Bank CEO or the ‘guy out the back who runs the network’. We focus on the structure and content of exactly what happens in a human interaction.
Once we’d modelled the most productive skills , we made them accessible every day by everyone in every assignment. We’ve then added the most usable techniques & insights from Cognitive & Behavioural Psychology and blended them with the skills and disciplines of Business NLP to create a unique and highly effective solution.
By starting from this key human engagement, our workshops progressively teach the awareness & skills that hugely improve the consistency and performance of the biggest variable – the people in your team. Once that’s pulling in the same direction and with the same motivation and understanding as your sales team, the business can flow.
How do we deliver and who should be involved?
Fundamental to the delivery of our workshops are the Associates themselves. In most cases they have moved from front line customers interaction, through managing a team, and then on to board level. They all have a strong background in B2B commerce – particularly in Sales, Marketing & Product Management. They have also all worked closely with technical teams, either as one themselves, or as a team member. It is they who reach agreement on the desired outcomes with the technical leader, are then intimately involved in each workshop delivery, and can then provide the continuity needed through their ‘Consolidation Consultancy’ skills.
The greatest return on your investment will come through attendance by:
- you and your team leaders
- everyone who might go on a call or demo with a sales person
- anyone doing presales for partners, VARs or distributors
- team leaders in R&D
- customer facing analysts and developers (business or technical)
Once the training is completed, all attendees become licenced users of the BCI Framework with an increasing rollout of support from:
- a centralised BCI document and process repository
- field tools delivered via web apps
- an active discussion and development forum
- ‘revision videos’ covering the key parts of the Fearless Selling® Workshop